To be a world class department of chemical engineering in effective teaching and knowledge creation which is seamlessly integrated with bordering sciences and committed to ignite and propel young minds with passion for originality, innovation and excellence.
- To train technically competent and socially aware chemical engineers through innovative and rigorous educational programs to meet technological needs of the society.
- To encourage self learning, problem solving, inquisitiveness and team work among students.
- To enable students to develop capabilities needed to perform in multidisciplinary environment.
- To promote industry- institute interaction to nurture collaborative and applied research programs.
- To help students develop a well rounded personality with qualities of innovative thinking, leadership, entrepreneurship and ethical mind.
- To create amiable ambience of academics for intellectual pursuit and innovative research.
Department of Chemical Engineering, with 122 papers and total citation of 973 , is placed at Rank 17 National Level and Rank 7 in South Zone According to National Institute of Science Technology and Development Studies , CSIR, NewDelhi
Basis: Publication Output Period: 1998-2008
IN THE LAST 35 YEARS
- Over 1000 graduates and 150 post graduates trained , 6 doctorates awarded
- One Indo-US workshop, one STPP, three National Workshops and five conferences organized
- Over 140 technical papers and 3 minor projects successfully completed
- One UGC MRP , jointly with Dept. of Chemistry in progress
- Two AICTE-MODROBs , one Network scheme executed
- About 30 technical papers presented at various student level conferences every year
- Consistent good performance at GATE ( All India FIRST rank -2009)
- Twelve National Student level conferences CHEMOSPHERE organized
- Alumni well placed in core and software industries
- A built up area of 1750 sqm
- Seven well equipped laboratories with facility for over 100 experiments
- A dedicated research laboratory Bio-processing
- A dedicated Instrumentation centre for research and consultancy support
- A Department Computer Centre
- A Department Reading room
- Four Class rooms
- A Ladies waiting Hall
- A Seminar Hall
- A mini workshop to facilitate fabrication of experimental set-up
|HOD||Dr. P.Akhila Swathantra|
|Chairman BOS (PG and UG)||Dr. G Prabhakar|
|1||Dr. G. Prabhakar||(+91)-877-2249577||Prabhakarg14@gmail.com||NA|
|2||Dr. P. Akhila Swathantra||(+91)-email@example.com||NA|
|3||Dr. B. Sarath Babu||(+91)-9849568083||Bsarathbau75@gmail.com||NA|