To be one of the premier departments for achieving excellence in teaching and research with social responsibility and for producing innovative technical graduates in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To impart Computer Science and Engineering education by utilizing state of the art computing facilities.
- To inculcate inter-disciplinary approach with reference to academic, industrial and research oriented activities, infusing scholarly inquisitiveness, making an imprint in the technological, economic and social development of the nation.
- To impart quality technical education of international standards in terms of providing adequate exposure to quality & methods, e-technologies and workflow automation in particular.
- To develop adequate expertise within the department, to help and guide all other departments of the institution, constituent and affiliated colleges of the University, dealing with computer science education.
- To develop capabilities within the department to help and guide industries with respect to their IT requirements.
Courses Offered and Areas of Interest
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in 1986 offering B.Tech Program with initial intake of 20. Now the BTech (CSE) intake is increased to 40. The post graduate program i.e. MTech (CSE) was started in the year 2005 with initial intake of 18 and now it is increased to 25. The MTech students, qualified in GATE receive Rs 8000 fellowship per month from AICTE. The PhD admissions in CSE started in the year 2002 and there are nearly 34 scholars are working for their doctoral degree. The thrust areas of research of the department are Natural Language Processing, Distributed Systems, Grid Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Software Architecture, Data Mining, Wireless Networks and Speech Processing.
Laboratories and Library
Sophisticated hardware and software is available to train the students in the above laboratories. The departmental library houses 1500 (approx) volumes from the disciplines of computer engineering, computer science, information technology and applications. The department subscribes some standard magazines and journals regularly.
Association of Computer Engineers (ACE)
ACE is a departmental student professional body which facilitates students and outside experts to deliver talks on emerging areas of their discipline. It conducts technical quizzes, group discussions and competitions in software design and development. These activities of ACE help students to improve interpersonal communication, presentation, documentation and organizational skills.
At least ten percent of the outgoing students secure high GATE scores and pursue higher studies in IITs and IISc. Another ten percent secure good GRE/ TOEFL scores and go abroad for pursuing higher studies in reputed universities.
Placements and Training
Roughly eighty five percent of the students obtain placements in reputed organization like Yahoo, Microsoft, Juno Online, TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant, Intergraph, Cordys, Virtusa, etc,.
|HOD||Prof. K V Madhumurthy|
|Chairman BOS (PG)||Prof. Poli Venkata Subba Reddy|
|Chairman BOS (UG)||Prof. Poli Venkata Subba Reddy|
|1||Dr. K.V. Madhumuthy||(+91)-9490507218, (+91)-email@example.com||NA|
|2||Dr. A. Rama Mohan Reddy||(+91)-9849045025, (+91)-firstname.lastname@example.org||NA|
|3||Dr. P. Venkata Subba Reddy||(+91)-9849308146, (+91)-email@example.com||NA|
|4||Dr. Ch.D.V. Subba Rao||(+91)-9849879861, (+91)-firstname.lastname@example.org||Profile|
|5||Dr. M. Humera Khanam||(+91)-9490923045, 08772248810 ||email@example.com||Profile|
|6||Ms. N. Usha Rani||(+91)-firstname.lastname@example.org||NA|
|7||Sri D. Vivekananda Reddy||(+91)-email@example.com||NA|